Text size:

Disagreement resolution services are for parents and carers of children and young people with SEN and young people themselves with SEN. Using the service is voluntary and covers SEN provision as well as disagreements about health and social care. There are three areas of disagreement that this service can help with:


  • Disagreement with the LA or education provider about how they are carrying out their education, health, and care duties. This applies for any kind of SEN, not just those going through an Education, Health and Care (EHC) assessment or have an EHC Plan.
  • Disagreement with the education provider about the SEN provision, they are providing.
  • Disagreement with the LA or Integrated Care Board (ICB) about the health or social care provision whilst assessment is being undertaken for an EHC Plan or about their EHC Plan, review, or reassessment.
Last updated: 9/7/2023